Are you looking for a delicious pasta dish to add to your repertoire? Try this delicious recipe by Sami Bloom.
- 250 g red lentil pasta, boiled according to package
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet chopped
- 150 g Mushrooms sliced in quarters
- 2 cloves garlics minced
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin sliced, no skin, baked on 200 C for 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or 1/2 and 1/2 with water
- 3-4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1/2 tsp. 1/2 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- Bake 1/4 butternet pumpkin on 200c for 40 mins
- Once pumpkin is cooked, boil pasta according to package.
- In a separate pan, use a dash of extra virgin olive oil to saute garlic and mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Next, add in the silverbeet for a further 3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- To make the Bechamel sauce, use a high-powered blender to combine the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Divide boiled pasta evenly between three bowls.
- Pour ⅓ of the pasta sauce over each dish, and top with the sauteed garlic vegetables.
- Serve with a dash of chilli flakes or nutritional yeast, if desired
Recipe & Photo by Sami Bloom – Original recipe can be found here