Last updated 19/03/21
Vitaco Health Australia Pty Limited and Vitaco Health (NZ) Limited (Vitaco, we or us) are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information.
- Who is responsible for the processing of your personal information?
- What kind of personal information do we collect?
- How do we collect your personal information?
- What do we use your personal information for?
- Who do we disclose your personal information to?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- How can you access and update your personal information?
- How do we handle enquiries and complaints?
You agree that by:
- using any of our websites
- purchasing Products from any of our websites
- taking part in any of our promotional or marketing campaigns
- applying for employment with us; or
- or visiting our premises,
you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set out below.
The site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal information?
Vitaco Health Australia Pty Limited or its affiliate Vitaco Health (NZ) Limited are responsible for the processing of your personal information.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect vary depending on our interaction with you and may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address, residential address, shipping address, and where we are dealing with you on a business-to-business basis, your ABN, NZBN, trading name, delivery address and vehicle registration details if you visit one of our premises
- Details about your orders from us and product preferences
- Digital information, such as cookies, pixels, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by you), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and your user activity such as links clicked, adding items to a shopping cart, and making purchases
- Financial information including credit card details
- Where you apply for employment with us, your CV and pre-employment history, contact and emergency details, and other similar information
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us through your responses to competitions, promotions, surveys, feedback and enquiries.
Some personal information we may collect from you is ‘sensitive information’. The collection of such sensitive information will depend on the nature of our interaction with you, but may include information which we require for the purpose of providing advice to you. This might include information about your weight, height, age, health, diet, lifestyle and if needed, your medical background.
You may decide not to provide us with your personal information we ask for. However if you do so, or if you provide us with personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete, we may not be able to respond adequately to your enquiries or provide you with the products or services you require.
If you contact our Naturopath & Nutritionist hotline or our Customer Services Representatives we may need to collect sensitive information from you. In such circumstances, we will advise you of this in a separate privacy notice at the time of collection.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect most personal information directly from you. We may collect personal information when:
- you purchase any products from us online
- you use Naturopathic & Nutrition Team hotline
- you contact our Customer Service representative
- you communicate and interact with us, including in person, by email, by letter, telephone, online or via social media, when you apply for employment, or participate in any of our marketing or promotional campaigns
- you visit one of our premises.
Other ways we may collect personal information from you:
- We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as from nominated referees during job applications, or through competitions or promotions operated in conjunction with Vitaco by one of our partners
- If you contact us by the hotline or our Customer Service phone number your personal information may be collected by us as a recorded voice message if our Naturopaths, Nutritionists or Customer Service team are temporarily unavailable to answer a call and you choose to leave a voice message
- If you visit one of our premises, we may also collect personal information about you on CCTV as part of our security and crime prevention measures. We may also collect your name and contact details and, where applicable, your vehicle registration through our visitor registration system VisitorRego, for security and health and safety purposes, and your visiting history to our premises, and to provide facilities such as Wi-Fi. This information, including CCTV footage may constitute ‘personal information’ as defined in the Privacy Laws.
We may use “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns on our websites and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit our websites. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer or device. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
- Our cookies typically expire after 30 days. After the expiry date, your browser will delete the cookie (depending on browser used and your browser settings). You can manually delete cookies in your browser anytime.
What do we use your personal information for?
The main purpose for collecting your personal information is to enable us to operate our business, assess your employment application, provide our products and services to you, and to comply with the law.
We may use and share your personal information for these purposes, including in order to:
- Charge you for products we provide to you
- Communicate with you
- Let you know about promotions, competitions, products and services which we think you may be interested in
- Deal with enquiries, feedback, complaints and requests about our products or services
- Manage and improve our products and services and other relationships and arrangements
- Provide advice to you regarding our products from naturopaths and nutritionists
- Undertake product recalls
- Monitor our sales of products and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from you
- Develop new products
- Undertake contact tracing in relation to the Covid-19 outbreak (if you attend our premises)
- Undertake recruitment and staffing functions
- Meet our legal obligations
- Undertake any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected and for purposes directly related to any of the above.
We may use CCTV footage specifically for the following purposes:
- Detecting and deterring criminal behaviour on our premises
- Monitoring the safety and security of our staff and our premises, and completing incident investigations.
If you do not wish to receive information about promotions or activities we think you may be interested in, you can opt-out by contacting us on the details below, or by using the unsubscribe function in emails.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes listed above to third parties that include the following:
- Our related entities, such as Vitaco offices located in New Zealand or Australia
- Other companies or individuals who assist us in supplying our products and services or who perform functions on our behalf, such as delivery contractors, couriers, credit card processors, mailing houses, advertising and media agencies and technology hosting providers
- Other persons that we need to deal with in connection with employment and engagement of staff (such as insurers, next-of-kin, referees) where required or authorised by law to do so and to anyone else whom you authorise us to disclose it.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information without your consent if doing so is:
- To assist with any request from WorkSafe, the Ministry of Health or a District Health Board in New Zealand or any Commonwealth, State or Territory health authority in Australia in relation to contact tracing for Covid-19
- Necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests, or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you)
- Necessary in order to report a data breach, cyber incident or for cyber security purposes (including to prevent unauthorised access to, or attacks on, our systems)
- Necessary to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Unless otherwise disclosed to you in a separate privacy notice, the only overseas disclosures of personal information Vitaco makes is between our offices in New Zealand and Australia which assist us with the following functions:
- Storage of personal information of past, current and prospective employees
- Staffing of the Naturopathic & Nutrition Team and Customer Service hotlines and customer complaints and enquiries handling
How do we protect your personal information?
We securely store your personal information in different ways, including in hard copy and electronic form. Generally, personal information is maintained on a secure database and in hard copy files located in New Zealand and Australia. We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information from risks such as misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including:
- Training and reminding our staff of their obligations with regards to your personal information
- Using software on a number of our websites which encrypts information (where a lock symbol appears on the browser window)
- Utilising passwords, firewalls and virus scanning tools, and protection in buildings where personal information is stored, to prevent against unauthorised access to our systems
- Restricting staff and authorised contractors that have access to the databases that store personal information to those on a “need to know” basis
- If we no longer require your personal information, taking reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
CCTV footage will usually be retained for a period of 60 days, after which time it will be overwritten.
Site visitor logs and personal information collected for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing using the VisitorRego system will be retained for a period of 60 days, after which time they will be deleted.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we are committed to handling such information carefully. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How can you access and update your personal information?
- We seek to ensure that all personal information collected and stored in our files and database systems is correct and accurate
- If you wish to request that we delete your personal information, request that we no longer use your information to provide you with marketing communications, or withdraw your consent to use your personal information please contact us as set out below. We may require you to verify your identity so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you and specify what personal information you want access to
- We will respond to your request within 30 days.
How we handle enquiries and complaints
For any privacy enquiries, issues or concerns, or if you believe that we have not complied with the Privacy Laws contact us in writing:
Vitaco Health Australia Pty Limited
Level 3, 68 Waterloo Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
We will investigate any complaint and will respond to you as soon as is practicable after we receive your complaint.
If you do not agree with the way we have handled your complaint you can refer your complaint:
In Australia to:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
In New Zealand to:
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
We may update this policy from time to time. We will let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our websites.