How you can GETGUTF!T with 3 easy steps!March 23, 2020
Sweet Potato, Pumpkin & Turmeric Soup by Jessica Cox NutritionJune 26, 2020
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 (400g) medium brown onions, sliced
- 3 (350g) carrots, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks (50g) kale, leaves removed and torn and stalks discarded, to serve
- 1/3 cup picked coriander leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons ghee, to serve
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the grated carrot and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, coriander, cumin turmeric, curry leaves, mustard seeds, ground ginger and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add in the lentils and cherry tomatoes with 3 cups of cold water and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Remove the lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, stir through torn kale leaves and the extra ghee. Divide the dhal between bowls and top with fresh coriander leaves.
Recipe & Photo by Brown Paper Bag Nutrition – Original recipe can be found here